This post explains how to create 1st gen HTTP
Cloud Function in GCP.
GCP Cloud Functions
Cloud Functions is a serverless execution environment for building and
connecting cloud services. Cloud function is triggered when an event being
watched is fired, or by an HTTP request. Learn more about Cloud Functions at
1st vs 2nd gen Cloud Functions
How to create 2nd gen Cloud functions
Create 1st gen HTTP Cloud Function
1. Navigate to Google Cloud Console
2. In the search bar type Cloud Functions and select
Cloud Functions from the results.
3. Click on CREATE FUNCTION.
4. Enabled the required APIs.
5. Select the Environment, provide
Function Name, select Region. From the
Trigger select HTTP and note down the
6. In Authentication select
Allow unauthenticated invocations and click on
7. Keep the default in
Runtime, build, connection and security settings and click
8. In the Runtime select Python 3.9 and
click on deploy.
9. Once the function deployment is complete, hit the URL from
5 and you should see below response in browser.